Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's all about action

About two years ago, I was at a lifestream service back home in Norman, Oklahoma. At this particular service a guest speaker took a few minutes to share about the ministry that he was involved in. This was not unusual, because many different organizations wanted to speak to the 700+ people that attended Lifestream. The ministry this night was Mochaclub.

This organization asks you to give up $7 a month to give to their work in Africa. The idea is that giving up two Mocha's a month would equal $7. With your $7 a month, the mocha club can feed one person for a month, give clean water to a person for a year, send two kids to school for an entire term, and the list goes on and on.

That is what I heard that Thursday night, two years ago. I finally signed up to be a member of the Mochaclub today! The truth is that I should have signed up that very night and I didn't do it. Since that time, there have been numerous times when God brought it to my mind. Reminding me I need to sign up and help. I just seemed to be too busy. Or it was never the right time.

Will there ever be an absolute "right time?" It is so acceptable to say I will wait until a better time. Until I have a better money situation. Until I have more time. I have said these things. The time to act is now. If you continue to put off your call to action, time will pass and you will miss out on a world of opportunities.

I was financially able to give $7 a month two years ago. But I just now signed up. Think of all the people I could have helped in the last 24 months. The sad reality is that I have been helped by so many people along the way. Do I do a good job of passing those blessings along to others?

I was talking to some friends at dinner last night. The word revolution was being thrown around the table. I am in the midst of my own revolution. God is changing my ideas, my desires. I am ready to take action. The cool thing about action is that it is the best way for me to serve God. Jesus said that which you have done to the least of these, you have also done unto me.

So I want to challenge you to take action. I have started a team at Mochaclub. Below is the link to get involved. I have chosen to help put kids through school. I am helping rebuild Africa through rebuilding a generation. Don't wait for two years. Get involved!


To join my team go to: mochaclub.org/join5863

No comments: