Saturday, August 30, 2008

Water Stain

Have you ever seen a perfectly nice coffee table that has one giant water stain? More than likely, you have owned a stained table. Frustrating isn't it? No matter how you attack the stain, it doesn't going anywhere.

Many times, I feel like I have sin stains that scar the coffee table of my life. But you and I have good news. God can take his rag, covers it with stain remover and wipe it clean, no matter the stain. But Father God has taken it a step further, He provides a stain protector. He has made a way out from underneath all temptation.

I know you have at least area in your life that is a constant struggle. This is the suspected area where failure can be found. I have mine and I hate falling down. It drives me crazy! Why do I continually fail in the same places?

The only thing you and I can do is give it to God. Trust that his word is true. That his grace is sufficient to help you overcome. Ultimately, sin is a choice. God has provided a way for you to decide correctly. He gives you the stain protector so you don't have to use the stain remover.