Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oh Fay

My first official Florida storm is headed my direction. We have been hearing about Fay for 8 days and now she is just south of Lakeland. Unlike tornadoes that pop up quicker than the need to pee, tropical storms/hurricanes slowly trudge along, their course being the only uncertainty.

As I look through the sliding glass (patio) door, I can see the trees, ever so slightly shifting back and forth. Earlier, I opened the door to listen. A faint whisper is passing through the trees and bushes, as if Fay is whispering her entrance. "I'm on my way" she is quietly announces before she shows up in all her glory, clothed in gusty winds and buckets of rain.

Be sure to keep the state of Florida in your prayers. That everyone will remain safe and that damage will be minimal. Besides that, keep you eye on the Weather Channel and watch Fay