Thursday, March 6, 2008

Marvelous Grace

I love Grace! I confess to you that I definitely don't understand grace completely, but I believe it completely. I love reading and talking about it. God has taught me so much about Himself through grace over the past few years.

I realized yesterday that for the amount that I love it, I sure am bad about giving it. I am so thankful that God surrounds me in oceans of his grace and mercy, but I turn around and hold people up for justice. I want to see people pay the price for wrong doing. I remember every offense against me; keeping score of how I have been wronged for future use. It is a constant battle to remember that my job is not to bring judgement against all who deserve it. Instead, my job title consists of loving and serving everyone just like Jesus did, especially the ones that don't deserve it.

Whether you realize it or not, you have already experienced God's grace today. Return the action and give grace freely.

No comments: