Wednesday, January 23, 2008

God knows you

A couple of summer ago, I went on a mission trip to India for a month. While we were there, I missed Mandie (My girlfriend at the time, now my wife) more than I could ever had imagined. In tribute to her and how badly I missed her, I started writing an "M" on the back side of left palm. The ritual quickly became a tradition and I now almost always have a sharpie written "M" on my hand. Although the mark isn't very big, people notice it all the time and ask me about it. I get a chance to explain why it is there and when I began dCheck Spellingoing it. Needless to say, because of the "M," Mandie is constantly on my mind.

As I was studying today, I received a cool reminder from the Lord. God has done the same thing with all who believe in Him. Isaiah 49:16 say's "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." God has written my name on His hand. Throughout his day, He see's it and is reminded of me. I am constantly on his mind. The only thing different is that he doesn't have to touch it up every couple of days. He has written my name in blood and that is permanent!

So take heart. In the times that you think that God has forgotten about you. Definitely not, he has written your name on his hands. He carries you around with him all the time.

No comments: