Monday, January 28, 2008

A bit of encouragement

John 16:33 say's" I (Jesus) have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Over and over again I hear people say that they do not watch the news because it is so depressing. I understand that, it's not always enjoyable to see what is going on, but it is also important to know what is taking place. It is important to identify the negative, and the evil. Knowing what is happening in the world allows you to pray more specifically and educate yourself on social issues.

The key to remember is that you need to identify the negative, but do not dwell on it. Trouble abounds but Jesus has overcome it all. You overcome it all when you choose Jesus. So as you travel through tough times and adversity, live in victory!

No comments: