Saturday, January 5, 2008

Elephants, Tigers and Weiner Dogs...Oh my!

This afternoon, Mandie and I went to the Circus. Ringling Brothers actually brought their circus to Lakeland and we decided that we could not miss it!

Mandie said that she had only been to the circus once, when she was real small. I love going with her to things that she has never done or not been to in such a long time, because she is more excited than the kids around us. It didn't matter what the act was, she watched with wide eyes, gasped in horror and cheered every move they made.

Because I had been to the circus before, I knew what to expect. I had a blast, but I wasn't waiting on the edge of my seat for the next surprise to walk through the curtain. This is the same thing I have to watch in my spiritual life. Many times, I feel like I know what's going on, what is going to happen next. I lose the wonder of being in Church, because I have been so many times, I know what is coming through the curtain.

In the next few days, I am going to write about the things that God has been sharing with me. He is bringing ideas and direction for me and Mandie through the curtain, that I have never thought of or imagined.

It is exciting. God is wonderful!

No comments: