Monday, February 4, 2008

Free Rice!!

I want to let you know about a great website called freerice.com. It is website dedicated to helping feed the world while helping you with your vocabulary at the same time. Free to play, this word association game wants you to match a word with the correct meaning or definition. Each time you get an answer correct, 20 grains of rice are donated to the United Nations world food program. I know what you're thinking. 20 grains of rice is not much. But it adds up quickly! Since it's inception on October 7, 2007, over 17 billion grains of rice have been donated.

This website is great for people of all ages. The level of difficulty rises and falls based on how many/often you give correct answers. Teachers are utilizing this website as a tool for teaching vocab to their students. I encourage you to get on this website every now and then. It will be good for you to work on your vocab, but even better for you to help the hungry.

Matthew 25:35 Jesus say's "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in."

No comments: