Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What a trip!

It's Wednesday, and I am still reveling in our trip to Oklahoma. I has so much fun! Every second of every day was lived to the fullest.

Thursday:
  • Lunch with Jay. My old boss and mentor.
  • Marked the softball fields with my Dad and bro for the state softball tournament on Sat.
  • Dinner with the entire family. Papaw, and Papaw's lady friend included.

Friday:
  • 7 o'clock am tee time at Earlywine Golf course. We were the third group off, but we were in cart number ONE! By the way, I shot an 81 with Papaw's sticks.
  • Lunch at Freddy's frozen custard. The double cheeseburger was off the hook.
  • Thrift store shopping with Caleb. I found another Jack Nicklaus Golf shirt, much to the chagrin of little brother. He picked the wrong aisle!
  • Two church league softball games. I went 5 for seven and pitched the second game of the twin bill. We won both games.

Saturday:
  • Dad, Courtney and I were at the fields by 7:45 to complete construction of the fence for the tournament. The tournament went off with very few hitches. Props to the Howard house for basically running the whole thing. Courtney's team won state and she received All State honors.
  • J-Lanes wedding in Tulsa. The evening was spent with Blake Slatten, who has the most chiseled body I know!

Sunday:
  • Attended Faith Crossing (My Dad's church)
  • Got to sing with the praise band.
  • We were in bed by 11:15 Sunday night.

The entire trip was a huge blessing and encouragement for me. Thank you Lord for providing us with such a great trip!

No comments: