Friday, April 11, 2008

Open your God's mouth

I remember attending a Baptist Student Ministry (BSM) meeting at Oklahoma City Community College (O-trip) during my first senior year of college. The meetings consisted of free pizza, cokes and a thirty minute bible study.

I only attended three meetings, but I have always remembered one particular meeting. I have no idea what the topic was that day, but I do remember the physical shape of the speaker's Bible. It was a black cover that was quite faded. Sitting there, listening, I locked in on his Bible, and I thought, you would have to handle your bible a lot to wear it out like that.

The picture of the faded bible got me thinking about my bible. The relization that I have never handled mine enough to fade it out hit me hard. Truthfully, I should be wearing them out. I need to be so dependent upon the word of God, that I use it so much that I wear it out.

I was just talking with a guy the other night about how God speaks through his word. A lot of times we complain because we feel like God doesn't answer our prayer, and yet we never open our God's mouth, searching for the answer.

My exhortation to you and myself is to wear out our bibles!

No comments: