Tuesday, April 15, 2008

How creative!

God's level of creativity continues to blow my mind! Not just in things He has created, like earth, sunsets, and clouds. But his creativity when it comes to working things out in my life. The path He leads me on to get me from where I am right now, to where I need to be next.

At first sound of this idea, I think we would all agree that we enjoy creativity. But when it comes to God's creativity with our lives, how much do we really enjoy it? For me, most times, He could provide in the same way He has in the past and I would be just fine. But, if God only moved in ways that He has in the past, think of what we miss out on. We forfeit the opportunity to watch God paint masterpieces. The lights go would dark in God's art galleries (our lives).

We hear it all the time, "don't put God in a box." I tire of hearing this saying so often, but it is no less true today than when it was first spoken. Throughout scripture, God continually answers prayers, solves problems in ways that humans would never have drawn up. And I love that about Him! He knows best! Isn't it great to know we serve a God who knows best? Who can see around the corner and down the street?

You may not be there right now, but, inevitably, you will find yourself with an invitation to trust God with your next move. Cling to His direction. Patiently wait for his voice, and then move obediently. What a great opportunity to feel His brushstrokes in your life.

Go ahead and prepare yourself for the possibility that his direction will be creative. A painting you've never seen before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.