Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Star Date 200912


With school finally over, I treated myself to a movie this afternoon. It was the first movie I have seen in the theatre sine the Tuesday after Christmas.
I saw Star Trek and I loved it. I am definitely not a trekkie, but I like the original show and movies. I was told this weekend that it was exceptionally good, so I thought I would check it out. It did not disappoint.

The casting was awesome. The characters looked like they could be younger versions of the originals. The writers also did a good job of foreshadowing the original movies. There was a good balance of character development. It won't take away any enjoyment for someone unfamiliar to Star Trek to see the film, but if you know something about the story line, it will only add to the enjoyment.

It was so good that on the way out of the theatre, I passed a seeing-eye dog sitting on the fifth row and he had both paws way up!