Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bracketology 101





Ahh, how I love March Madness. It is hard to believe that it's been three weeks since selection Sunday. I hate how quickly the NCAA tournament passes. Now, I must wait another 49 weeks for the next one. As we close another glorious tournament, I have a couple of reflections.
1) I still love making giant brackets.
I have made a giant bracket (1 poster board for each region) since my sophomore year. I want to give mad props to my wife who lets me take down several pictures to clear space for the madness montage.
2) Sometimes it is fun to see the big dawgs eat.
I love upsets as much as anyone, but it was refreshing to see the powerhouses, who had been dominant all year slug it out in the final three rounds.
3) I didn't win either one of my pools, finishing second in both. But I did pick the National Champion.

4) I want the song "one shining moment" played at my funeral.
Caleb has committed to creating a slide show to be shown while the song plays.
As we conclude another great tournament, I hope you enjoyed the madness! See you in 49 weeks.