Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pray for Him

I met a guy this afternoon in the Lakeland Regional Hospital.
His name is Jaquezz, and if I had to guess, I would say he is in his mid-fifties.
He was having some aches and pains a few days ago and now he is battling cancer. He was in a dark hospital room all by himself. I haven't felt such a strong loneliness is a long time. You could hear his pain in his voice.

Would you please take some time and cry out to the Lord on his behalf. I don't even know the whole deal on his condition. I just can't shake him from my mind. His painful facial expressions are imprined on my eyes right now. It's as if I am seeing everything through lenses imprinted with his face. He greatly needs us to cry out on his behalf.

Pray for his healing.
Pray for his pain to subside.
Pray for him to feel the Lord's presence around him.

He may feel alone..He may appear alone in a hospital room...but he is not alone.
God is there and God is good in all things.