Thursday, September 25, 2008

Worky Von Work-Work

God is so good to me!
Work has been a struggle lately and I was kind of down about the whole situation. I spent some time this past weekend expressing my deal to God. Part of my cry was to be released from that place, but the other part was to help my attitude if He chooses to leave me there. This week has been one of the best weeks that I have had at work since I began.

Isn't it amazing how God helps us out when we ask. Not only did God say "you have not because you ask not." But most times, prayer causes you to focus. I can't pray about my situation and attitude at work unless I think about it. Upon praying, the subject remains fresh on your mind and quickly jumps to the front of your mind. But ven more than that, prayer makes you focus on God and His ability to be holy in your life.

For example, this week, after praying about my attitude, the Holy Spirit has pointed out the specific times when I could get aggravated or my feelings hurt. The subject matter was already a current event for me, the Holy Spirit highlighted the exact moments when I get to choose my attitude. I've given up control and allowed God to be God in my workplace.

All that to say, my week has been really great and it's all God's fault. I appreciate Him so much!