Friday, June 13, 2008

Some kind of record

I have been getting ready to celebrate my one year anniversary since I last had a paying job. Mentally, I have been creating a guest list and thinking through the activities/games I will want to play. Then low and behold, out of nowhere, God drops a job in my lap. I call about it on Monday morning and interview for it that afternoon. After five minutes in the interview, I get the job. I am the new assistant to the IT director at the Sheriffs Department.

The next day I receive a call to inform me that I would not be receiving the job due to circumstances out of the control of my boss for a day. Instead, they had an opportunity to work on a project for the next two months. I gratefully accepted, again, and will begin next Friday.

Lets recap:
I got a job. Lost that job. And got a new job, before I have began my first job.
You can't make this stuff up. I am just thankful to have a job at all!

No comments: