Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm not in a car!

I am back from my famed baseball trip. I will use my next several posts to detail fun stpries are aspects of the trip. But I will give a whirlwind descrition of some of our trip.

  • We rented a car. It was supposed to be a Ford Taurus, but we were upgraded (for free) to a Chrysler 300 C. We put over 3600 miles on it in six days.
  • We drove 24 hours straight and made it to Staten Island by 10:30 Tuesday morning.
  • Wednesday morning, we parked our car under the Broooklyn/Queens Expressway and it was there when we returned 14 hours later.
  • We experienced the "Bleacher Creatures" that live in right field, section 39 at Yankee Stadium.
  • The Boston Red Sox fans cussed enough to teach my Dad (the Pastor) a few new phrases.
  • We saw both of Donald Trumps' kids at separate times on the same day.
  • Caleb got two batting practice balls at Yankee Stadium.
  • We never got on the wrong Subway (although we tried).
  • Cooperstown is a cool town for more than just being the home of the Baseball Hall of Fame.
  • Grimaldi's pizzeria, located under the Brooklyn bridge is off the chain!
  • Combining air and ground travel, I covered more than 6,000 miles last week!

No comments: