Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Doves Have Taken Flight!

The Dove Tree project that I headed up at church has finally come to an end.!It was only a month's worth of work, but oh how difficult it turned out to be. It was a typical situation where the depth of the project is explained to you as one thing, but, in the end it was at least three times as much work, if not more.

Let me be the first one to say that it was worth all of the effort, aggravation and frustration. We were able to provide gifts for 191 kids who are in single parent homes. We're not talking socks either. Some of the gifts were run of the mill necessities (i.e socks, shirts), but many a gift was super nice. There were numerous digital cameras, I-pods. Nintendo DS' were definitely the en vogue gift this Christmas season.

Praise God for this project. It was solely because of His grace that these kids will be blessed. But He also blessed me in a big way. I was totally blessed to be a part of the project. It gave me something to invest in and spend my time with. The entire project was a confirmation of a word that I had from the Lord before we ever moved to Lakeland.

In the end, I just want God to get the glory for this project. I hope the Kids feel the love of Jesus through the generosity of Victory Church.

No comments: