Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dirty Birds must fly together.

Bobby Petrino is finally gone from the helm of the Atlanta Falcons. I can honestly say that I was never excited about the hire. Always hopeful that we might some how win, but never thrilled for Bobby P to be leading my team.

I will be the first to admit that this has been ununbelievable year for the Falcons ( in a horrible way that is). I know it was tough, but He didn't even last one complete season! I wrote about finishing strong last week and that is one post that Bobby needs to read. His track record is mind blowing. Two years after signing a ten year contract with Lousiville, he bolted for the NFL. 13 games into a five year contract, he abandons the Falcons for the University of Arkansas. It kind o f makes you wonder what Arkansas thinks will happen in a couple of years.

I think it is a risky hire to invest in someone who routinely jumps ship for something better. This has me thinking....Do I jump ship? Am I scared of tough times. I would like to think that I am not and that I am willing to stick it out. I have recently experienced a success with this idea with Dove Tree and it feels really good! It wasn't easy but there is something awefully rewarding about finishing the tough things.

I want to again encourage you to be faithful to your commitments and finish strong. People (and God) are watching. How you finish may directly affect what others entrust to you the next time.

No comments: