Friday, September 18, 2009

Good Book Alert

In the midst of the mountain of school reading that I have this semester, I have been working my way through "You Were Born For This" by Bruce Wilkinson. I have not quite finished it yet, but I am loving every page.

The premise of the book is that God desires to move through our lives on a daily basis. He points out that most of the time we try to do great things by our own might, when God would love to make things happen through us. The book encourages the reader to apply several steps that will help the reader position themselves in a place that is ready and willing for God to move.

The style of writing is very pleasant. The author does a great job of intermixing stories along with the teaching. If you want to better understand your purpose as a believer in Jesus, this is the book for you. I will list the link if you would like to look into it further.

http://www.randomhouse.com/gm/results.pperl?title_subtitle_auth_isbn=you+were+born+for+this